Friday, April 26, 2019

Weekly Message from the Pastor

Announcements for the week of April 23, 2019
In All Things!
 
It's 10:00 PM.  Joy and I were traveling from a late night meeting after a nursing home visit.  She said, "Honey, the car is knocking!"  We turned off the AC to make sure it was not associated with the recent addition of freon to our AC system.  The knocking continued.  Being the mechanical person that I am NOT, Joy makes a call to our son, Josh. He's on the West Coast this week ministering at a church and visiting family.
 
She describes what we have seen as we raised the hood to examine this knocking of the engine. We had seen that the serpentine belt had slipped over about a quarter of an inch. Josh tells her what we need to do and tells her to go to the nearest store and purchase a 14 mm box wrench.
 
On my way down the aisle of the local WalMart, I'm swiftly heading to the hardware department while Joy looks over the Easter markdowns and "spring and summer arrivals" filling the emptied Easter sales spaces.  I noticed the T-shirt the man that was directly in front of me was wearing. It read, "Sawyers Repair" and noted that it was a diesel repair shop.
 
When I summoned him my intention was to confirm that I was looking for the right thing as I told him my story and what my son had encouraged us to do.  He quickly said, "That's exactly right, but you don't need to purchase a wrench.  I've got a 14 mm in my truck."
 
We made our way to the parking lot and he was parked a couple of spaces over from our "knocking Mazda."  I raised the hood, held the trusty cell phone LED light for him to adjust the tensioner pulley and it was over in a matter of minutes -- the knocking ceased.
 
During our conversation, I had told him that I wasn't very good with mechanical things; that I worked with people and was a pastor.  We exchanged a few more words and I made my way to the ATM.  I pulled out some cash and found him catching up with his wife in the store.  I presented him the money.  He tried to reject it, but I insisted.
 
He expressed thanks and said, "Did you say you are a Pastor?"  I affirmed and then he said, "Would you please remember me?  We have some problems in our family." In a matter of moments I was speaking healing over Crohn's Disease, calling for financial provision, and ministering Christ to this unchurched man.  The Holy Spirit settled in and we were both blessed immensely. I then recommended a local church for him to consider next Sunday.
 
I caught up with Joy and we made our way to the car thanking God for our car trouble.  Paul said that's exactly what we should do.  "In all things give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."  I Thessalonians 5:18
 
A little car trouble resulted in an opportunity for me to shine the light of Christ and spread a little love.  Remember to give thanks.....in all things. 
 
Dr. Wallace PhillipsPresident
Barnabas21 - "Caring For God's Servants in the 21st Century"
 
Barnabas21
P.O. Box 16
Edenton, North Carolina  27932          
Phone: 252.287.7572
 
CLICK HERE
Visit our website for more information at: www.beechwoodcc.com
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest

Beechwood Country Club

205 Country Club Road, Ahoskie, NC 27910

Unsubscribe - Unsubscribe Preferences